Rants on our present social unrest
Let's ground this moment in action and thought. Don't give way to an anti-intellectualism that paralyzed our freedom fights of the past. Bro. Kwame Toure told a group of AUC students back in our good Ole days, that the problem he found with many of the social transactions of his extant fight for freedom and equality was a lack of thoughtful organization. His assertion was that they were not given the opportunity to think, analyze and apply thorough going methods because things transpired so rapidly. They were left with immediate and inchoate responses to events that transpired at light speed. Albeit they did one hell of a job, we have resources and bodies to bring all our talents to bear on these social issues and avoid the false dichotomy of thought or action. It's a both/and approach and attack that we should aspire to implement
A counter-protest? I'm a walking counter-protest. My skin is just one part of it, for the true counter-protest is in my thinking and re-thinking my hetero-male privilege and my socio-political subjugation by racist and white supremist ideologies. One aspect of my task as a radical is to create a social environ that is amenable to the extension of dignity and humanity of all. But don't get it twisted, I'm concerned with Black folks at the moment. To be sure, I can chew gum, walk and think at the same time. So my attention to Black lives is exemplary of my social concerns, not reductive and parochial. RQQ!
A counter-protest? I'm a walking counter-protest. My skin is just one part of it, for the true counter-protest is in my thinking and re-thinking my hetero-male privilege and my socio-political subjugation by racist and white supremist ideologies. One aspect of my task as a radical is to create a social environ that is amenable to the extension of dignity and humanity of all. But don't get it twisted, I'm concerned with Black folks at the moment. To be sure, I can chew gum, walk and think at the same time. So my attention to Black lives is exemplary of my social concerns, not reductive and parochial. RQQ!
Comments
Post a Comment